+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Low Profile Ramps

nyckid

Icon33 Low Profile Ramps

I had these "Rhino Ramps" made by a company called Blitz. I bought them at Autozone years so I could easily change my oil on my old lowered Dakota R/T. Trouble is that the G couldn't even fit on the ramps before I lowered it.

Now there are a lot of companies out there who make low-profile ramps but the only ones I found that would give me the same height as these rhino ramps cost over $300. The rhino ramps are only $30. So I came up with this setup. The boards are made from 2x8" pieces of pine wood. You could use wider pieces of wood say 2x10" or 2x12" but its not necessary. The lower boards are 50" long and the shorter ones screwed on top are 26" They are cut at 45 degree angles to make them easier to drive onto.

This is a 3"x3/8"carriage bolt that I have used as a locating pin to help hold the wood to the ramps. The hole it goes into is a hole that comes in the ramps from factory.

There you have it. A great way to change your oil or do other related tasks where you would need ramps.

Total cost ~$45. The ramps are about $30 now and I used about $15 in hardware and wood

Shopping Cart Pusher Joey.Donatelli is on a distinguished road Joey.Donatelli's Avatar

Default Re: Low Profile Ramps

Great Idea man!!!!
    | 2004 IP 6MT | 20" Axis Shine | Stillen Air Intake System | Custom Painted Black Roof | 06 Projector Headlights| FrontLip | LED conversion | Brembo cross drilled Rotors & Hawk Performace Pads |

F1 Racer JDM Autosports is on a distinguished road JDM Autosports's Avatar

or better yet spend $20 bucks and you can build the same ones without buying the rhino ramps.....btw nice find kwon LOL!

Paper Boy spoolinupblue is on a distinguished road spoolinupblue's Avatar

I have those same ramps Kwon....cant remember if my G fit on them though.

Stephen

2003 Infiniti G35, 5AT
    1 persons bug is another persons feature.

Broker than BROKE!! Mr.G37s^6mt is on a distinguished road Mr.G37s^6mt's Avatar

The ramps, does it give you enough clearance to get under there and get work done? I don't see how you guys crawl under that and get anything done chit!

Garbage Man RogerG35 is on a distinguished road RogerG35's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G37s^6mt View Post
    The ramps, does it give you enough clearance to get under there and get work done? I don't see how you guys crawl under that and get anything done chit!
    Yeah, doesn't seem like much room under there, nice hood dampers

i shoot soundmike is on a distinguished road

It's to give enough clearance to slide a jack underneath if you only have one jack.

Some would jack from the side rails then jack again from the front jacking point, replacing the jack on the side rails with stands.

Of course, you can create a ramp tall enough, but usually with wood that means you'll end up with a ramp tha'ts almost as long as the car, if not longer... depending on how high you want it.

+ Reply to Thread