+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Forged Performance Fail

Used Car Salesman InvaderXin is on a distinguished road InvaderXin's Avatar

Default Re: Forged Performance Fail

Don't forget that Danny with the Blue Slate G37S has had major issues with Forged as well when he sent his car there for a turbo build. Blown head and failed transmission. This post doesn't surprise me at all.
    2005 Diamond Graphite 5AT/G35 Coupe

SSR - Sal's Auto - Baker Nissan - Concept Z Performance - BAUSauto - Strafe Automotive - Hikkata Dori - Galvez Auto Trim

Strictly G's Emeritus Black Betty is on a distinguished road Black Betty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InvaderXin View Post
    Don't forget that Danny with the Blue Slate G37S has had major issues with Forged as well when he sent his car there for a turbo build. Blown head and failed transmission. This post doesn't surprise me at all.
    That may have very well been as much of a driver issue as a build issue. I don't know, just sayin...
    StrictlyG'z Team Member

Used Car Salesman InvaderXin is on a distinguished road InvaderXin's Avatar

You have a point there.
    2005 Diamond Graphite 5AT/G35 Coupe

SSR - Sal's Auto - Baker Nissan - Concept Z Performance - BAUSauto - Strafe Automotive - Hikkata Dori - Galvez Auto Trim

Strictly G's Emeritus Black Betty is on a distinguished road Black Betty's Avatar

UPDATE: Sharif banned a guy (not the guy who's car he hacked up, a different forum member) on the forum from the airstrip run at Z days (it is FP's event, not an official Z days event) for shyt talking on the forum about his hack job. Then dude complained and he unbanned him form the event. Douche move. What he should have done is told dude that if he shows after taking that garbage up he's getting his azz kicked. Then backed it up. That's what I'd do. Wait, no I wouldn't. I probably wouldn't say anything until he showed up and then walk up behind him and sucker punch him. Yeah, that's what I'd do.

http://jalopnik.com/man-who-spent-25...from-505814780
    StrictlyG'z Team Member

Project Barney djchris713 is on a distinguished road djchris713's Avatar

wow im glad this shop got all the negative publicity it could.
    jalopnik is a great place for this to all be publicized.

i see both sides, but looks to me that some one got taken advantage of
    and i side with the gtr owner
    2003 Black Rose G35 5AT Sedan
    Strictly G's Team Member

Backyard Automotive | R1 Autoworks | ModishWraps | BAIDPolish | CustomEngineBays | LacedVinyl | EFX Elite Autostyling

Shopping Cart Pusher Mattster is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Black Betty View Post
    If you read everything, he did not simply put $250K into this one GTR build. That is very misleading. That is the total amount spent on several builds over a 4 year span. The amount in this GTR build is about $116K.

Considering how most people in the G community "build" their cars this is quite a lot. Objectively its a lot of money. But for all out performance on the R35 platform, it's not mind boggling if the results were up to par. Unfortunately, he didn't get wht he paid for with the engine/transmission part of the build.
    Ya, I knew it was like 3 or 4 different builds....Still a lot of money though. Was just trying to put things into a little perspective.

My dad always told me "if you're going to do something, do it right the first time". I feel like that kind of applies to this unfortunate situation.

As far as sharrif banning that forum member from the air strip event just because he had an unpopular opinion/comment is a d!ck move IMO. I realize its a private event that has nothing to do with zdays, but still. And the fact that he "unbanned" him just shows he thinks it was the wrong thing to do.

I'd be curious if FP makes it through this. This is a lot of bad publicity
    2009 Black Obsidian G37S
    K&N | Hotchkis | Modme endlinks | Diode Dynamics | H&R | Tanabe | Grounding Kit | Fast Intentions | HKS |Stillen | Greddy | GT Spec | Stoptech | Hawk | AMSoil | Michelin

Paper Boy SukaZenki is on a distinguished road SukaZenki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black Betty View Post
    What he should have done is told dude that if he shows after taking that garbage up he's getting his azz kicked. Then backed it up. That's what I'd do. Wait, no I wouldn't. I probably wouldn't say anything until he showed up and then walk up behind him and sucker punch him. Yeah, that's what I'd do.
    http://jalopnik.com/man-who-spent-25...from-505814780
    REGULATOR!!!!!!!!....Mount up! I was a cold black night....lalalallalalalaa
    " What's your style? My Style? It's called the art of fighting without fighting.. " - Bruce Lee

Project Barney djchris713 is on a distinguished road djchris713's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SukaZenki View Post
    REGULATOR!!!!!!!!....Mount up! I was a cold black night....lalalallalalalaa
    .......just hit the eastside of the LBC, on a mission trying to find mr warren g
    2003 Black Rose G35 5AT Sedan
    Strictly G's Team Member

Backyard Automotive | R1 Autoworks | ModishWraps | BAIDPolish | CustomEngineBays | LacedVinyl | EFX Elite Autostyling

+ Reply to Thread