+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Low Capacity

Valet Adil_G35 is on a distinguished road Adil_G35's Avatar

Default Low Capacity

I've been getting my tires from discount tires for a few years now and I've called to order a set of 225/35/20 S. Drives and they said their computer is saying something about low capacity and that there might be fitment problems and that the tire isn't able to handle the load of the car. This is the first time they have told me that. I'm currently on the same size but I have the NOISY 452's. The guy who I talked to said this is a new thing the company started. Has anyone else had the issue? I have 9" width. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Maybe someone who has more knowledge about tires can chime in and tell me something I'm overlooking. *COUGH* Son

Is he reffering to the 90 rating?
    Last edited by Adil_G35; Oct. 27, 2012 at 12:54 pm.
    '03 OB Coupe Fully Loaded w/ Navi Modded - SOLD!!

Garbage Man RogerG35 is on a distinguished road RogerG35's Avatar

Default Re: Low Capacity

Its just a liability thing and they do not want to be responsible if anything goes wrong.

Paper Boy SukaZenki is on a distinguished road SukaZenki's Avatar

You must be talking about Yokohama S....reviews on these tires have not been good...they are cheap but not good...IMO
    " What's your style? My Style? It's called the art of fighting without fighting.. " - Bruce Lee

F1 Racer JDM Autosports is on a distinguished road JDM Autosports's Avatar

I love my S-drives...I'm running the standard 245/35/19 and 275/35/19 and so far they've been great. I will say I don't get to push my car to any type of limit so I don't feel the performance out of it.
    Strictly G'Z Founder/Team Leader

Used Car Salesman InvaderXin is on a distinguished road InvaderXin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adil_G35 View Post
    I've been getting my tires from discount tires for a few years now and I've called to order a set of 225/35/20 S. Drives and they said their computer is saying something about low capacity and that there might be fitment problems and that the tire isn't able to handle the load of the car. This is the first time they have told me that. I'm currently on the same size but I have the NOISY 452's. The guy who I talked to said this is a new thing the company started. Has anyone else had the issue? I have 9" width. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Maybe someone who has more knowledge about tires can chime in and tell me something I'm overlooking. *COUGH* Son

Is he reffering to the 90 rating?
    Roger hit it right on the money. Reason being is that it is just a liability issue and that Discount Tire is strictly looking at it from a shop standard, not from an enthusiast point of view.

The S-Drives will handle the load of the car with no issues. Ran the 225/35/20 set up on my 9.5 for 14 months before I had to switch to something else due to wear and tear. Just get them and you'll be fine.

But Dru is also right. Compared to other tires, the S-Drives aren't as good as say Hankook V12's or the Pilot Sports.
    2005 Diamond Graphite 5AT/G35 Coupe

SSR - Sal's Auto - Baker Nissan - Concept Z Performance - BAUSauto - Strafe Automotive - Hikkata Dori - Galvez Auto Trim

Valet Adil_G35 is on a distinguished road Adil_G35's Avatar

When they called me in that my tires were in I rushed there to get them put on. Turns out manufacturer in Cali sent 18's. I was pissed and needed tires asap because my camber wear caused my driver front to get a flat tire. The metal bands where showing big time. So the only tires they had in stock for my size were the Eagle Gt. I've raised the car up a little bit and replaced some worn ball joints to help the wear of the tires. The guy gave the tires for 140 a piece. I made friends with the manager that day so now he said he can hook me up on his 50% discount now

I guess sh** happens for a reason
    I'm still running the S.Drives in the rear.
    '03 OB Coupe Fully Loaded w/ Navi Modded - SOLD!!

+ Reply to Thread